blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Monday, June 08, 2009

Aiming to resume running sometime this week

It has been more than a week since the SD and what a bad timing to fall ill immediately after that overnight marathon. I guess it was due to fatigue and also because Esther was already ill then. Coupled with the bad weather lately it all contributed to my falling sick. This time round, my throat infection was the worst that I have ever had. It lasted for more than a week and the pain was exceedingly unbearable. Even swallowing any fluids was painful. The 1st round of antibiotics was ineffective so I had to be given another dosage with steriods to control the discomfort. Usually, after 48 hrs of administering antibiotics, I should feel the effectiveness or otherwise. After the 2nd medication, I can feel that it is working. Hopefully once I finish the course on wednesday, I can aim to start running on friday?
There is just about 3 months to the SBR and I am determined to do a PB (personal best) this year. Hope to break below the 2h10m mark which will be a great morale booster to perhaps aim for a sub 5h45m for the SCSM in Dec. For now, my long term aim (in the next year or 2) is to get below 5h15m for a 42.195km so that I am confident enough to try for the Stanchart HK Marathon. I guess going for the 2010 one is quite difficult so let's work at the 2011 Stanchart HK Marathon. I have ever said that I will probably try the 84 km ultramarathon just for the feel of it. Perhaps in 3 years?

1 Comments:

Blogger Wee Hwa YEO said...

CW..
Hope that you are better now. The immune system is usually suppressed after a marathon, that could be one of the reason why U got hit.

Jiayou! Hope that Esther and Angela (hope I got her name right!) are fine by now. Take care!!

Yeo

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]