blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I m back

Apologies to my blog which has been left abandoned for such a long time. I was so tied up with school stuff together with other 'distractions' like facebook that I felt so bad. But here I am nonetheless.

I got the posting notification that I am NOT going back to LPS. Instead, I am with Boon Lay Garden PS which is not very near to where I live. Plus the fact that I need to be in sch by 0715 daily, that means Angela and Esther have to arrive at Just Kids by 0645 so that I can at least get through the terrible traffic along Boon Lay Way.

I met my ex-colleague Irene who is now an adjunct staff and she told me that if I found 2 Topaz of 2006 bad, well I 'ain't see anything yet'. True enough, the students here are much worse academically. Yes, there are some bright sparks but by and large, the school's results are below national average. But I sensed God had a plan for me to be here to make a difference. In fact, on the day of the Meet-the-Parents session, it was a confirmation that indeed, God wanted me to be here.

My task was to take double maths: P5 merged and P6 foundation. I got the really weak lot whose foundation in math is rather shocking. But I recalled my own struggles back in my AS Math days in NIE and what my lecturer (the 1 and only wise Prof Lee PY) reminded me about fully understanding the struggles and hardship my students face and help them along.

More than half of term 3 has passed and frankly, some of them are still very lacklustre in their learning especially the P6s. Did I mention I have 3 'honours year' students? I will blog more about them in subsequent posts.

Ok, let me keep you in suspense a bit...will come back and post more stuff.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]