blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy 41st B'day Sg

I just got back from the Esplanade where I was with 4 other church friends. We were watching the NDP on the huge screen and the crowd there was quite huge.

" And I will sing,
A song of home,
A land of peace,
Where dreams are born everyday,
My home wherever I may be
I believe,
You will always be a part of me"

This is such a fantastic song. The lyrics are really meaningful. For the benefit of those who do not know this song, it is the theme song for this year's NDP.

On my way home thinking what I should post, I recalled the 4.5 yrs I spent abroad during my varsity days and at that time, I had wanted to apply for an Aus PR as I was quite used to the lifestyle there. For a whole lot of reasons which I will not disclose, I perished the thought and returned.

The 1st 6mths when I came back was hard to adjust. I was always thinking of Aus and wanted rather badly to go back there. God had His plans for me here in Sg instead. Fast forward to this time last year. I submitted my online application to MOE to be a teacher and the rest is history. Though I must confess that the 4 years or so spent away from home was a good eye-opener for me, I think my heart belongs here. I adapt to changes and new environments quickly and easily. But to ask me to uproot myself and relocate for an indefinite period of time would be a very tough decision to make.

I have friends currently working, living or staying in countries from as far south as Aus to as far north as the US. Everytime when we meet up in Sg, it is a time of catching up and deep down their hearts, they know that this is the place they call home. They may have PRs abroad but they will never ever surrender their red passport.

My b'day wishes for Sg wld be:
  • God will bless and protect Sg
  • God will grant our govt and leaders wisdom in leading and running the country
  • S'poreans will be humble and glorify Him in all they do
  • More and more pre-believers will look to Him and accept Him as their Lord and saviour

Many happy returns once again, Sg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]