blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Monday, February 04, 2008

A very close shave

I had a very very close shave yesterday evening. After dinner, we decided to go for a stroll around the neighbourhood since the drizzle had ceased. We put Esther on the stroller and went on a leisurely walk. There were some construction sites around my in-law's place and we had just crossed one site when I felt I had stepped onto something. A very slight poke on my sole could also be felt. Upon investigation, I had stepped onto a 4cm screw and it actually caused a puncture on the sole of my slipper. Despite the thickness of the slipper, I could feel a little prick but thankfully I did not sustain any cuts nor bruises. I tried to pull out the screw but it was embedded quite deep in. Fortunately there was someone sweeping her driveway so I managed to borrow a pair of scissors from her to pluck out the foreign object. Praise the Lord for His protection and I must say that if the screw had been any longer or if I had exerted more pressure on the ground at that split second, I probably have had to rush to the A&E for an injection and that means a bandaged foot as well. Incidentally, it was my right foot so imagine the inconveinence should the unthinkable happen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]