blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Test drove the new Altis

Sent my car for routine servicing earlier today. Damage was $355 which was lower than I expected. Initially, I was concerned if the brake pads need replacement and that will mean a further damage of $200 inclusive of labour. Thankfully, that only needs to be done at the next service. I called my friend and he quoted me $120 for the same job but much better brake pads so I will probably go to him to get that done.
While waiting for my car to be ready, I went to look for my sales advisor who sold me this car and asked him about the newly launched Altis. Without any delay he brought me for a test drive. At first impressions, I found that the engine sound was much sweeter compared to mine and the initial accleration is much quicker. The gear change too is more responsive to changing speeds and road gradient. What really impressed me is the steering feel. It is feather light at parking speeds but once on the move it gets a little heavier giving more driver feedback. So does that tempt me to consider a change at this moment? Nah. Too costly plus the fact that my car is only 2 years old. It will be too expensive to do a changeover now. However, if I was still driving my old civic now, I will go for the 1.8L.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]