blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Of Polar battery and air-conditioners

It was a case of a weak battery. Sent my Polar watch and heart rate monitor to the Boon Tat St svc ctr and decided to leave both components there for them to check. At about 2 this afternoon they called to say that both items were ready for collection. Took the MRT to town this morning because I did not want to have to incur the parkng charges plus the fact that it is very hard to get a lot in town. It sure feels great to go the public route occasionally and leave the car at home. Saves $$$ and i do not need to worry about parking availability and charges. Furthermore, I can take the opportunity to do some brisk walking from the MRT station to the svc centre.
Managed to service my air con units earlier today. In fact, it was my neighbour who called us asking if we wanted to get it serviced since she was getting hers checked. Saw that they changed their old units which was beyond economical repair due to age. It was then I realised that the air con unit in my home has been in service about 13 years ago when the preivous owner 1st moved in. Had a chat with the air con techicians and based on his expertise, my unit was under utilised because the average life span for home units is about 7 years. Asked him what is the damage if I need to replace the entire unit once this current one packs up and he quoted me a little below 3k. It sounds reasonable but I am hoping that it will last for another year or so before it finally retires due to obvious financial constraints.
I really respect this technician for his professionalism and long-term commitment. Since I have 4 units at home, he took a look at all of them and said only 2 need to be serviced. Since the other 2 were still ok, he told me to save that extra money. This is very respectable as he could have simply earned and extra 60 bucks yet he chose to go on a long-term relationship by only doing what is necessary. So when the air con at home finally decides to let go, I know who to call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]