blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Half a year gone by in a flash

Yesterday marked the crossing of the mid-point of 2007. I really cannot believe that half a year had whizzed by in such a flash. As I posted before, whenever one is busy, it is incredible that time will just pass by in a jiffy. Today also marks the 10th anniversary of HK's return to Chinese rule. Yesterday also saw the official closing ceremony of the National Stadium.
I have my own fond memories of the stadium. During my school days, the National Track & Field championships were held there and it was a great feeling to be present and to hear the respective schools cheering their participants besides waving their school banners and flags. Sounding like Rod Stewart after such events and also getting sunburnt made it all worthwhile as the school spirit of unity was something that can never be taught through textbooks. I also attended countless National Day Parades as a spectator with my most memorable one being with the class of 5D'06 of LPS. As it was the last time the NDP was to be held there, the feeling was simply special. During my army days, I was one of the SAF contingents at the Padang while there was another year where I was providing Signal support in one of the surrounding car parks outside the stadium. Despite the fatigue and stress, it was a once-in-a lifetime experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]