blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Typical Sg mentality

We are supposed to read a particular book before doing a perticular reflection on it for the e-learning week. However, the campus library has only 3 copies and by the time the lecture had ended, only 1 remained. Needless to say, there will be a mad rush to go grab it. There was actually 2 students who were also using the search computer beside myself in order that we could locate where it was. In typical Amazing Race style, the hunt for that last book was on. However, they started looking from the side of the shelf where it was kept while I began from the other side resulting in them getting it.
I then decided to go to the NLB to locate it. There was none at the Bt Batok branch but 5 copies available at the Jurong Point branch. I then decided to incur a $1.55 reservation surcharge so that it will not be taken as well. The helpful librarian called the other branch to reserve it and I think between that short span of time, 4 copies were taken leaving the last one. This time I managed to get hold of it. I guess many of my fellow course mates must have headed there after class knowing that the campus library was out of stock. What bugs me is that there will be some selfish people who are so obcessed with wanting to cross over that they will deliberately hold onto the book knowing that it is in huge demand. How selfish and kiasu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]