blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Forget me not

Went to visit mum yesterday and I had to painstakingly sign a document authorising the home to the use of restraints as a last resort should she get exceptionally aggressive or violent. This as explained by the staff is one of the common signs of mental deterioration due to senile demantia. It was a difficult decision to sign on the line but for the sake of her own safety, the other residents and the staff, I had no choice. This is similar to the painful task my brother and I had to take 4 years ago to put her up at the home due to her mental condition.
Then the next shocking thing that occurred was that she mistook me for somebody else. Though I had anticipated the there will come a day when my mum will not be able to recognise anyone of us, I felt that it came a little too soon. It is not surprising that she might not be able to recall that she already has 3 grandchildren but then again, this is all part of the downward trend for demantia patients.
It is no use regretting that we did not spend enough time with her but the least that we could do is to try to the very best of our ability to visit her more often. There were times when I really wished that she would be normal but things do not always turn out the way we desire. For those of you who are blessed to have loved ones and friend who are normal, cherish their presence, relationship and friendship because by the time you want to appreciate or spend more quality time with them, it might already be too late.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wee Hwa YEO said...

CW..
Emphatise with you.. My paternal gramdma is suffering from it too(though not officially diagnosed). She forget things easily and tends to be verbally abusive..

Continue to persevere on.. one more month and you can see esther 24/7!

Yeo

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]