blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Press on.....

Today's sermon was very inspiring. That does not mean that other weeks is uninspiring! Pastor preached about her own journey when she started exercising despite the fact that she had heart problems since young. She mentioned that there were two persons in her life who encouraged her to overcome the odds and take that 'first lap' in both swimming and jogging.
I could relate to what she preached today when it comes to my own running regime. When I did not pass my annual IPPT (we NS men take this fitness test annually) in 2004, I had to go for the remedial training (RT). It was during the RT sessions that I managed to pass my IPPT and attain the silver award! After that, I found that I grew to like running. Moreover, it was my brother who asked me to train up and join him in running events. Initially, I had my reservations but I soon caught the running bug. The rest, they say, is history.
So what is the moral? I think that the most difficult part in doing anything is taking the first step. In anything we do, it is usually the first step that is the most terrifying, difficult, nerve wrecking and traumatic. However, if we can overcome that psychological barrier in our minds, the rest will be easier.
Therefore, in whatever we undertake, always remember that once we overcome that 'first lap or step', the rest will automatically fall into place. Obviously, this is not a hard and fast rule. Other factors like perserverance and determination to press on when the going gets tough also play a part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]