blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Sunday, October 14, 2007

78 days to the new year....

I was entering a reminder into my phone calendar when I realised that this is already the 41st week of the year 2007. A quick calculation revealed the title of today's post. Yes, it is less than 80 days to 2008. I seem to recall this time last year when I was marking out important dates for the approaching final exams and other events. Really find it incredible that time simply flew by without me realising it. Esther will turn 7mths in just 3 days and this time next year she will have moved on from infant care to the playgroup.
Many of our friends and relatives have told us to enjoy the time while she is below the age of 2. My brother especially told me that the 'magical' number 2 is where the 'horns and tails' start to surface and that is when the kid starts to get naughty and cheeky. I saw for myself his elder son, David, my nephew, displaying a sense of michief. Needless to say, my sister-in-law is strict with him so that he does not go astray. Just a couple weeks ago, my brother and David dropped by my place to bless Esther with a little gift. How the boy has grown. There was a balloon lying around and he wanted to have it. Angela and I told him, "Sure, take it." But the balloon came with that long plastic holder and my brother told David that he could have the balloon minus that holder for safety's sake. Being that cheeky boy, David turned to me and thought he could get his way. But me being the firm uncle, I told him no. Since it was his father's instructions, I decided to sing the same tune.
I guess this is one parenting method that should be adopted. Sining the same tune of firmness and fairness is essential. This ensures the child understands and sees that if something is not right or disallowed, he/she will know that is not right. Furthermore, the child will not turn to the other parent or grandparent (who may be a little more laxed) to 'escape or help'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]