blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Fed up

What a horrible day. I am really fed up. Seriously. I tried to talk some sense to this person (ok, i shall refer to this person as X) but somehow or rather X is just not listening. So either there is something wrong with my spoken english or X suffers from severe hearing probems or X seems to have a vaccum in place of her/his ______. (U fill in the blanks)

After english tutorial this morning, I had a conversation with X regarding the gp assgn. I explained to X the rationale and direction that we are taking. Even before the module began a fortnight ago, I had already in mind what to do and since I have the resources, connections and network of people readily available, there was no time to waste since the runway to the due date is rather short.

X was quite stubborn and narrow-minded about the direction and displayed an absolute sense of narrow-mindedness by just wanting to zero in on a particular aspect. Although there is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer to the approach, one should have an open mind and be realistic. I was really thankful that I did not lose my cool but after the conversation, my temperature soared to the overheating zone. Perhaps I was right in that X is better off working alone.

Just when I thought I had a bad encounter, my course mates told me that some joker (let's call this disruptive element/s B) in their tutorial gp created a mess by asking the tutor for a group reshffule AFTER a consensus was reached whereby the original group allocations remained. B went to the tutor and in my honest opinion started to paint a pitiful picture of having difficulties working with certain individuals with certain difficulties which I will not elaborate. The tutor then sent an email to the WHOLE tutorial group asking them to re-group. How unprofessional! Some of them have already started on their research and now this 'tsunami' came along to upset things. My affected course mates intend to stand firm on maintaining the status quo. All because of B's stupid and uncalled for excuses created a mess which can be avoided.

Since I do not wish my weekend, one week break and of course my NIE life to be dampened by such disruptive elements, I shall simply just ignore any 'talk outside of curriculum' as far as they are concerned.

In all my life, I have met worse characters than B & X. But to think that B & X are going to be teachers really makes me feel sorry for those who will be their colleagues and students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]