blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I got a manual car to drive for 2 days!

I sent my car to the Toyota bodycare shop to touch up a defect in the paintwork. It is a rather small spot but they need 2 days to get it ready as it is metallic in colour. Since my father-in-law (FIL) will be out of town till Friday, he gladly loaned me his car and the best part of it is that it is a manual car! Some of you may find it strange. Why would a 71 year old man still drive a manual car? But my FIL is the kind who prefers to change gears! And he drives very well for his age! I must confess it was great being able to get in touch with the clutch, gear shift and feeling the revs. For those of you who find that driving a manual car is not as great as an auto, I beg to differ. A manual car consumes less fuel, gives you better control but in the event of a traffic congestion, auto is still the way to go. However, with the advancement in techonology, things like steptronic and steering mounted gear shifts are becoming more and more common nowadays.

Now for some sad news. Think many of you know abt the passing of Steve Irwin who is a.k.a 'Crocodile Hunter'. Upon reflecting on this tragedy, it shows that life is short. I recall my mentor, Pastor Benny Ho asking us in his bible study group years ago a question which I would like to pose to you. Here it is:

"What would you like to be mentioned in your eulogy during your funeral or memorial service?" For the benefit of those who may not know what a eulogy is, it is a piece of writing or article praising a person or thing.

Therefore, whatever time we have in our hands should be made use of wisely and fruitfully. Impact others' lives. Inspire those around you. Invest time motivating and encouraging others. Live life to the fullest. Put in your 101% in all that you do. I believe that Steve Irwin lived a worthy life and in many ways impacted many around the world. I may not be a huge fan of him but I recall and enjoy watching his shows on Animal Planet (Cable CH 10). My deepest condolences to Steve's family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]