blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Of number bibs and wedding dinners

As with many wedding banquets which I have attended, it is usually a time of catching up with old friends, ex-colleagues, fellow church goers, school alumni....etc. But what really intrigues me is that aspect of proving the phrase :such a small world.
At Thomas and Wendy's wedding banquet last night, I met two persons whom each know the bride and groom. One of them was from FGA Perth by the name of Pamela a.k.a Spam. Being petite by nature, Pam earned the nickname Small Pam or Spam in short. It turned out that she knew Wendy since their JC days. Imagine the surprise we each got when we were seated on the same table. This is just the first part. After the traditional toast, someone approached me and she was from ACJC __ years ago. We were from the same batch. Managed to catch up a bit and she has 2 children aged 7 and 3. I do not know the relationship between her husband and the groom but it was some distant relative. Such a small world? Microscopic perhaps.
Collected my number bib and timing chip for the New Balance Real Run next weekend. Turned out that the middle 3 digits of the 5 digit number is my car number. What makes it even more special is that my name is on it! Cool eh? I think such events should have this feature as it easily identifies the participant. Hopefully the Stanchart Marathon will have this feature as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]