blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Monday, October 09, 2006

Computer restored

The past 24 hrs were really horrible. My computer got hit by some virus. It caused the whole operating system to be disabled and I could not even boot it up. To make matters worse, using the CD-ROM reinstallation disc did not work. Called my ex-colleague Francis and he offered to help me try to restore it. It practically ruined my mood to do anything last night as most of my stuff were inside my HDD. I do have backup but my older computer does not seem to recognise the backup HDD.
I got a SMS from Francis this morning and he had no choice but to format the HDD and reinstall the files again. Thankfully I have done my regular backing up of the essential files except for a few of them which I only obtained over the past few days. It is no big issue really but the hassle of having to reload everything just makes it so 'sian'.
Francis is an expert! At about 1pm this afternoon barely 24hrs after the virus hit, my comp is, I would say, almost 100% back to normal. Small little things like changing the wallpaper and my MSN display picture can be done easily.
I do have anti-virus software but I think when my wife was using it yesterday, she must have clicked on something which may have activited the file and "ka-boom", it caused the trouble. So now I am back in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]