blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Speed thrills but kills!

When I read the papers this morning, my heart sank when I read about the 23 year old undergrad who was killed in a horrific car crash that occurred two nights ago. He was driving a high performance car along Pioneer Road when according to the papers, lost control of the vehicle. The Subaru WRX hit 2 taxis, uprooted 2 trees and knocked down a lamp post. The skid marks and debris scattered spread over a distance of 100m. This tells how hard the impact was. Needless to say, the car was totalled. I saw the pictures which was shown on last night's news. My heart goes out to his parents who bought the car for their only son. A very big mistake in my opinion to buy such a high performance car for such a young driver.

As I reflect on this tragic incident, I reminded myself to be extra careful on the road. Occasionally, I have the Schumacher bug in me and tend to go a little over the limit. In my 13 years driving experience, I have had many near misses and of course I had been involved in a crash as well. Thankfully it was minor despite me having to do some minor repairs to my car. The other car was not so lucky though as I was driving a Volvo! Coming back to road safety, I always recommend that new drivers ought to be guided by more experienced drivers. For the first two months since obtaining my license, my parents did not allow me to drive the family car alone. It was until I 'passed' my father's 'test' did he allow me to use the car. Even then, they always reminded me to drive safely.

For those of you who are learning how to drive, once you have passed, you are at the start of the learning curve. It is the start of a long process to build up one's skills in judging, anticipating, steering and defensive driving. If possible, drive an old car with no power steering as this will really nail down the basics. I learnt a lot driving the family's then 15 year old manual Nissan with no power steering! Imagine me struggling to park that car for the first time!

The Turkish GP this weekend should be exciting! After a three week break, I am looking forward to the red scarlet car facing off with the blue and yellow one! Guess you know my favourite team.

So I will have to finish up my work by sat cos I got the SBR on sunday morning.

SCHUMI & HIS FERRARI ROCK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]