blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Short-lived happiness!!

Some of you could sense my happiness yesterday when I collected my car. It was nicely washed and polished after they did a touch-up job on the LHS C-pillar. Alas! My happiness was short-lived when we discovered something 'new' last night after CG meeting.

I saw some scratch marks on the rear RHS door and on the front LHS fender! I think it must have been caused by the vehicles that parked next to my car. I am very careful whenever I open the door so as to ensure that it will not make any contact to the adjacent vehicle or the wall. However, not everyone thinks the same way. So if the occupants in the vehicle next to your parked vehicle simply push open the door by swinging it wide, you will have a 'new' autograph on your vehicle. In fact, my previous Honda Civic had it worse. Virtually every panel had scratch marks and there were even dents (small ones though) all around. Other than 2 which were caused by Angela and my own negligence, the rest were by some unknown persons! Until the day we handed over the Civic to the used-car dealer, we did not bother about the marks at all.

I attempted to use the car polish to alleviate the marks and thankfully it is not so obvious now. The next step is to puchase some DIY (do-it-yourself) touch-up paint. If you recall one of my earlier posts on the scratch marks on the front bumper, I was quoted $370 just to get it resprayed! That amount is exclusive of GST! Imagine if I have to touch up ALL the scratch marks! I dare not think of the figure!

So remember: whenever you open a car door, please be considerate and careful or you will make some car owners like me feel the pain!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]