blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Monday, October 16, 2006

The haze is bad today.....

When I got up this morning, I was greeted by a very hazy view. The haze was about 87 then. So I decided to make a room booking at the student hub so that I can be indoors and avoid the haze. By noon, the PSI shot past the 100 mark and current levels is 150. Heard from CNA that the NEA mentioned that it will be so for the next couple of days due to the wind directions. So being 'kiasu', I blocked booked one of the rooms from tomorrow till thursday durng the times that I am on campus. So there goes my running schedule as well.

Speaking of running, one of my course friends said she enjoyed running on a treadmill. All she needed to do was to set the clock to a desired time and adjust the gradient, then she will just "run on the spot" till the alarm rings. I for one CANNOT run on treadmills! The reason is that I just find it weird to be running for a period of time and still remaining at the same spot. In physics there is a difference between distance and displacement. If the meter on the treadmill shows say for eg: 15km after a certain time, this means that I have covered a distance of 15km but a displacement of 0km! This is because I did not move from where I started! Funny eh?

Similarly, if you weigh 35kg, that is your mass. But what abt if u talk in terms of weight? 350Newtons! Bcos 35 x 10 (gravitational pull or g as it is knwn) = 350N! To be exact the actual figure for 'g' is 9.81 metres per second squared.

Ok enough of physics....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]