blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

SA2 is just days away

It is tt time of the yr when exams, projects and assgns due dates are approaching. Nthg cld b more stressful than having to revise the whole yrs work and trying out past yr qns. However, there is no shortcut to success.
FOr those of u who are lamenting abt the amt of hw u all have to do over the next 4 days (PSLE mkg days right?), make the best use of it. This is the best time to go through all that has been taught since the beginning of the yr. I know it is very tempting to have fun and enjoy the next 4 days but after ur SA2 u have the end of yr hols to enjoy. So 'bitter-sweet'. Rough it out now and enjoy later. Go thru ur CA1, SA1 and CA2 papers and take special note of the areas of weakness. Since both the CAs and SA1 were checkpts for ur level of competency in whichever topic and subject, it shld send a signal to u as 2 whether u fully understood the material taught. Even if u did well, do try out the qns u got correct again so tt u know whether u got the correct ans by chance or u really comprehended what was being asked.
I used to complain and grumble y did my teachers "sentence me to do tons of revision qns and extra supp papers" during my sch days. It is only after I left sch and became a teacher myself tt I realised and appreciated the motive behind all that. My parents used to nag at me to play less and study more which i did. Yeah, right. Grudgingly. Worse still, my father always compared me with my cousin who is the same age as myself. Both my cousin n I were born in the same yr but he is 10 mths older. I always lost out to him academically and with all the negative critisims bombarded upon me by my father and late grandmother, it only made my self-esteem plunge well below ground zero. Despite all that, I never threw in the towel.
It is no use regretting or saying things like, " I shld have worked harder....I shld not have played so much...." Once u have handed in ur answer script, ur fate is sealed. The amt of effort u invested will be shown in ur results. If u put in ur best effort and had been diligent and consistent throughout the year, u conceptually shld get thru fairly easily unless u bungled it during the paper. But if u had not been up 2 date with ur stuff, u will likewise reap what u sow. I encountered huge setbacks before. I have tasted failure before. Failure as in having to repeat a whole year. No prizes for guessing y I failed. I reaped what I sowed. However, I picked up from there and carried on. Not doing well or failing is a horrible feeling. But what is most impt is to know where u went wrong, what caused the poor performance and learn from it. It is ok to make mistakes but it is NOT ok to make repeated mistakes! Obviously, if u can avoid making a mistake all the better.
Everyone of u have what it takes to succeed. It is not a matter of whether u can do it but whether u want to do it and do it well. Focus on ur tasks. Put in ur best effort. Envision yourself succeeding. Remember this:
The race is never over unless u yourself say so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]