blackaltis - 412

My Toyota uses: Shell cylinder oil, Shell fuel (sometimes ExxonMobil), runs on 16" Bridgestone MY-01 Sports Tourer, has the broquet fuel charger fitted, Cool n Lite tinting, Hella horn n has a front strut bar fitted!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

2233......read on to find out what these digits mean

The speculation regarding my favourite F1 driver's future has been laid to rest with Schumi confirming that he will retire from racing after this season. It was a great win for him at Ferrari's home race in Italy and watching the celebrations in the scarlet camp, emotions ran high. I felt kind of sad too because he has been my favourite driver since 2003 when I began watching.

Now let me explain the 4 digits:

2: It was a mere 0.002sec that separated Kimi and Schumi who grabbed pole and p2 respectively yesterday.

2: After today's race, the gap between Schumi and Alonso as far as championship points is concerned is just a mere 2 pts.

3: With Schumi's win and Alonso's engine failure, Ferrari is 3 pts ahead of Renault in the constructor's title.

3: With just 3 more races, Shanghai, Japan and Brazil, the battle for both driver's and constructor's title has just turned white-hot.

I only started watching F1 when I was working in M;sia about 3.5 years ago. On Sunday nights when it was so boring, I happened to turn on the TV and saw 20 cars racing around a circuit only pitting for about 5-8 sec per stop to change 4 tyres, refuel, wing adjustments, cleaning the air ducts before zooming out again. Travelling at breakneck speeds in excess of 300km/h and hearing the roar of the engines was simply fascinating. Since then, I was hooked and it was this man, Michael Schumacher (aka Schumi) who instantly became my favourite driver and Ferrari, my favourite team.

The next race will be in 3 weeks time. Held in China, it is the Shanghai GP and the circuit is cool because if you notice, the circuit is in the shape of the chinese word 'shang'. Till then, let's enjoy and remember the 'good and bad' moments that motorsport has given to Schumi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




MY Links!
[ Aaron ]
[ Bibiana ]
[ Christine ]
[ Chloe ]
[ Crystal ]
[ Ee Lee ]
[ Frederica ]
[ Hai Song ]
[ Hwee Ying ]
[ Jeslyn]
[ Jingyu]
[ Joanne ]
[ Li Qing ]
[ Mui Jie ]
[ Shania ]
[ Tricia ]
[ Wee Hwa ]
[ Wenjun ]
[ Winnie ]
[ Yu Xuan ]